Feb 18, 2023

Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

See table of contents

Siguro narinig mo na ung kadalasan sinasabi ng marami na, "Yung pinag aralan mo sa Pilipinas, pag dating mo sa ibang bansa, magbaback to zero ka and kailangan mo mag aral na ulit."

As I've mentioned before, may sariling standards ang Canada. And they want people inside their country to meet the quality standards of their education. Pero masyado namang minamaliit nung iba ung pinaghirapan natin. May halaga naman ung pinag aralan natin. Could be lower compared to a Canadian standards, pero never zero.

So the question now is, anu ung equivalent nung pinag aralan mo sa Pilipinas compared sa standards nila sa Canada? To find out, you need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).

Please do take note that there 3 different types of ECA. For this pupose, you'll need to apply for ECA for licensure or employment purposes. IF you are applying for Express Entry, you will still need to get an ECA for immigration purposes.

Where to get your ECA

An Educational credential assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, or certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one.

There are different types of ECAs. You'll need to get an ECA for higher or continuing education, licensure, and employment, select the WES Standard Application. If you got another type of ECA, you may be able to get it re-issued, depending on the type of ECA and/or issuing organization.

The list below is where you can get your ECA.

If you aren’t sure which organization to choose, contact them.

When they assess your education, they will give you a report that tells you what your education is equal to in Canada. Please note that IRCC only accepts assessments from the ones in the list. If an organization isn’t on their list, they will not accept assessments from them.

Assessment for pharmacists

If you are a pharmacist (NOC code 3131), where you need to get your report depends on your job.

If you need a licence to practise you must get your report from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (designated January 6, 2014). This applies to you if you care for patients in a

  • hospital pharmacy
  • long-term care facility
  • community pharmacy

If you do not need a licence for your job, you can get your assessment from any other designated ECA organization. This includes jobs where you may need a pharmacy degree but may not need to have a licence to practise, such as

  • the government
  • the pharmaceutical industry

Contact the regulatory body in the province where you plan to live to find out if you need a licence to practise.

Pag nakapili na kayo kung saang org kayo kukuha ng assesment, just go to their website, which is linked na sa list i've previously mentioned above. They already have a step by step, easy to follow procedures so you can do it by yourself. But if you still really need help, you can join our group and ask us which part confuses you.

After you apply

Once you received the results, dun mo makikita kung anu ung equivalent sa Canada ng pinag aralan mo.

If, unfortunately, you didn't meet the requirements, then you can't apply for the license and it's not possible for you to get that job offer. What you need to do next is to consider Student Pathway to complete your education inside Canada.

Student Pathway

If you can't consider the Student Pathway since it is very expensive, pero you don't want to give up on your Canadian dreams, then the next best thing for you to do is to gain experience in one of their in-demand jobs with little requirements, like FnB or Care Giving. Once you've gained the experience, you may continue applying again for a job.

On the other hand, if you meet the requirements, then the next step for you is to apply for that License and/or Certificate which we will discuss on our next guide.

Frequently Asked Questions

Ung 4yrs course ko, diploma lang ung equivalent na nakuha ko from WES. Worth it bang itry sa iba?

Usually mataas ang standards ni WES. Mostly mga nakakakuha lang ng equal results is from exclusive schools and state universities. From what we know, based na rin on experience ng mga kakilala, you can get better result from ICES. The other three in the list is also worth the try, instead of just blindly paying for tuition fees and studying again..

Kung mataas ang standards ni WES and mahirap makakuha ng magandang result, should I just apply directly sa other options?

First of all, you need to check first kung alin ung inaaccept na ECA ng nag rerequire sa inyo. Katulad sa BC ECE Registry, they only accept evaluations from ICES. So, you should definitely get it from ICES.

Now, if you have the options para makapamili, I'd recommend WES kasi mas mabilis mo makukuha ung result, lalo na kung graduate ka naman ng state university or exclusive schools. If hindi mo naman talaga kailangan ng mataas na result, at di naman points ang hinahabol mo, better go with WES.

After considering what I just said, if you'd rather wait a little longer, hoping for a better result, then you should probably just apply directly sa other options.

I hope you found valuable information in our website. I've been investing a lot of my time to create this website and help as much as I can.

I want to do this for as long as I can! Your support in buying me a coffee can help me achieve this and help more people.

Support this website. Buy me a coffee.

to top

© Filipino Aspirants All Rights Reserved 2023

The information in this page is copyright protected and you can't use them for any profitable use. Please also note that I am a one man team working on this page. It may be possible that the information in this website is outdated or maybe not accurate anymore. You can find a date at the bottom right corner of the featured image. That's the date of the last update and that's the best way to tell how accurate the information in this website is. Even with that being said, I am in NO way legally licensed to give you immigration advice. Everything that is written in this website is purely based on my opinion and experience only. You are responsible for your own decisions. ALSO: I will highly appreciate it if you can help me with the updates by leaving a comment. Hope to see you in Canada!